Winchester Model 1876
NOTE: this is an example of a previous customer restoration, and therefore the firearm is not for sale. Please browse the showroom for our current selection of restored, pre-owned, refinished and manufactured firearms.
Answering the demand of big-game hunters, Winchester set out to produce a heftier version of their already-popular Model 1873. Introduced to celebrate the American Centennial Exposition, the new Model 1876 quickly earned a reputation as an effective big-game hunting rifle.
Originally chambered for Winchester’s new .45-75 Winchester Centennial cartridge (mimicking .45-70 ballistics in a shorter case in order to accommodate the 76’s toggle-link action receiver), versions in .40-60 Winchester, .45-60 Winchester and .50-95 Winchester eventually became available. Our restored example sports the latter chambering, which was known to be popular among professional buffalo hunters of the day.
Browse other restored examples of the Winchester Model 1876.
- Repair forend cap, hammer notches and sear
- Replace and fit springs, toggle pins, lifter
- Fit new dust cover
- New barrel
- New #21 front sight and sporting rear sight
- Stamp British proof marks and .50 Cal on barrel
- New pistol grip buttstock, 2XX walnut with ebony insert and steel shotgun butt plate
- New forend, 2XX walnut
- Checker buttstock and forend, 24lpi with mullered border
- Polish receiver and all parts
- Re-cut/re-stamp receiver markings
- Color case harden receiver, lever, hammer, side plates, forend cap
- Charcoal blue butt plate, trigger, dust cover, small parts
|Year of Manufacture||
There are no reviews yet.