Winchester 1886, Previously Restored, with Letter
NOTE: This is a previously-restored firearm. It was delivered to the owner/client after completion of restoration work. The firearm is now in our showroom, and is available for purchase.
Added to our showroom is a Winchester Model 1886 from 1896, restored back to factory specification by Turnbull Restoration Co. in 2016. This .45-70 Government example of John M. Browning’s big bore design has been well-maintained by its owner since restoration, and is now available for sale today.
Restoration work in 2016 included:
- Disassembly and cleaning
- Repair of loading gate, carrier and magazine for proper feeding
- Refinish buttstock and forend, hand-rubbed
- New barrel
- Screw repair
- Period-correct metal polish
- Restoration of all markings/stamps
- Rust blued barrel and magazine
- Bone charcoal color case hardened receiver, lever, hammer, crescent butt plate and forend cap
- Charcoal blued parts
Listing includes the rifle’s original barrel.
Contact us for more information and additional photographs.
|Year of Manufacture||
|Type of Butt||
There are no reviews yet.