Turnbull Model 1911 Commander – Sold
It can be said that Colt’s original 1911 Commander was ahead of its time. Introduced to the U.S. Government as a lighter alternative for officers, Colt’s aluminum-framed 9mm-chambered offering with 4.25” barrel didn’t hit the mark. Undeterred, the maker went ahead with civilian production of “The Commander” in 1950, with the all-steel “Combat Commander” arriving in 1970. Enthusiasm for The Commander increased over time, and it is now among the most popular 1911 variants.
We’ve released to the showroom another example of our interpretation of the Combat Commander. This charcoal blued Commander features the same fit, finish and accuracy for which all Turnbull Model 1911s are known.
- 4.25 inch barrel
- Novak 3 dot sight
- Commander style hammer
- Safety lock is an early style with a knurled undercut thumb-piece
- American Black Walnut hand checkered, double diamond grips
- Solid one piece steel trigger
- Turning bull trademark stamp on left of slide behind serrations
- Doug Turnbull inspector stamp
- Includes black Turnbull hard case and 2 two-tone magazines
This accurate reproduction closely replicates the look and feel of Colt Commander models. The hand-fit, semi-automatic pistol is meticulously prepared before our signature charcoal blue finish is applied.
Novak 3 Dot
Double Diamond, Hand Checkered
There are no reviews yet.