Restored & Upgraded Winchester Model 71
NOTE: this is an example of a previous customer restoration, and therefore the firearm is not for sale. Please browse the showroom for our current selection of restored, pre-owned, refinished and manufactured firearms.
Perhaps the ultimate woods rifle, the Winchester Model 71 was introduced in 1935 as a simplified version of John Browning’s 1886 Winchester. The Model 71 was only chambered for the new .348 Winchester cartridge, which made it very popular for use against North American big game in heavy timber.
This “short tang” example from 1955 sports exquisite 3XXX walnut stocks. Period-correct charcoal bluing shows off the rifle’s custom engraving beautifully.
- New buttstock, pistol grip with cap, swivel base and butt plate fitted, 3XXX walnut
- New forend, fitted, 3XXX walnut
- Checker with Model 71 Deluxe pattern
- Polish barrel and magazine tube
- Rust blue barrel and magazine tube
- Polish receiver and all other parts for correct finish
- Engrave with custom images
- Charcoal blue receiver and all other parts
|Year of Manufacture||