Restored Winchester Model 1892 Takedown with 2nd Barrell – Price Reduced
Added to the showroom today is a Winchester Model 1892 takedown rifle with second smoothbore barrel. This iconic lever gun form 1910 was restored by Turnbull Restoration in 2009.
Restoration work included:
- Polish both barrels and magazine tubes for period-correct finishes
- Restore all barrel marking
- Rust blue barrels and magazine tubes
- Polish bore of smoothbore
- Polish action, parts, forend cap and butt plate for period-correct finishes
- Repair screws
- Restore receiver markings
- Restore tang sight
- Charcoal blue receiver, parts and forend cap
- Color case harden hammer, lever and butt plate
- New buttstock and forends in 2XX, checker in factory H pattern
The rifle barrel’s sighting includes a Marble # 6 Front and dovetail filler rear. Sporting front and rear sights are found on the smoothbore barrel.
Restored metal condition is still excellent, with only minor handling and takedown turn marks. Restored wood is still excellent, with minor handling marks.
This is an excellent opportunity to add a fully-restored, early 20th century Winchester to your collection.
Sold as-is. Contact us for more information and additional photographs.
|Year of Manufacture||
|Type of Butt||
Case Color Crescent
Checkered Straight Grip