Restored Winchester Model 1892 Takedown with 2nd Barrel – SOLD
NOTE: Thank you for your interest in this this listing. It is no longer available, but we're happy to help you find something else to fit your needs. Simply notify us by using the form below, or contact us via phone or email. And don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to be among the first to be notified about new showroom listings.
Added to the showroom today is a Winchester Model 1892 takedown rifle with second smoothbore barrel. This iconic lever gun form 1910 was restored by Turnbull Restoration in 2009.
Restoration work included:
- Polish both barrels and magazine tubes for period-correct finishes
- Restore all barrel marking
- Rust blue barrels and magazine tubes
- Polish bore of smoothbore
- Polish action, parts, forend cap and butt plate for period-correct finishes
- Repair screws
- Restore receiver markings
- Restore tang sight
- Charcoal blue receiver, parts and forend cap
- Color case harden hammer, lever and butt plate
- New buttstock and forends in 2XX, checker in factory H pattern
The rifle barrel’s sighting includes a Marble # 6 Front and dovetail filler rear. Sporting front and rear sights are found on the smoothbore barrel.
Restored metal condition is still excellent, with only minor handling and takedown turn marks. Restored wood is still excellent, with minor handling marks.
|Year of Manufacture||
|Type of Butt||
Case Color Crescent
Checkered Straight Grip