Gastinne Renette 20 Gauge
NOTE: this is an example of a previous customer restoration, and therefore the firearm is not for sale. Please browse the showroom for our current selection of restored, pre-owned, refinished and manufactured firearms. SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter to be among the first to learn about new additions to our website.
The Parisian firm of Gastinne-Renette originated around 1812, and were known for their high-end firearms supplied to Napoleon III, the King of Spain, Annie Oakley, and many other notable figures. This fine European double was built in Belgium, and was a pleasure to restore to its original condition.
- Polish transition of forcing cone left from lengthening chambers
- Soak wrist of buttstock to lighten oil staining, steam and repair dents and damage on buttstock and forend, refinish buttstock and forend with hand-rubbed oil finish
- Re-cut checkering on buttstock and forend to original, re-cut original coarse checkering on butt of stock
- Light polish barrels
- Re-cut barrel breech borders to original
- Rust blue barrels
- Light polish of action and parts
- Re-cut engraving on trigger guard and repaired screws, touch up engraving as needed on receiver and parts
- Color case harden receiver, trigger plate, forend tip, top lever screw and other receiver screws
- Charcoal blue trigger guard, triggers, safety button, top lever, forend iron assembly
- Set barrels back on face
Side-by-Side Hammerless Sidelock Double Barrel Shotgun