A. Hollis & Son Double Rifle
NOTE: this is an example of a previous customer restoration, and therefore the firearm is not for sale. Please browse the showroom for our current selection of restored, pre-owned, refinished and manufactured firearms. SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter to be among the first to learn about new additions to our website.
It’s not often that we restore rare and collectible English firearms. But our friends and collectors bring us exciting examples from time to time, and we always enjoy working on their projects. Here’s one example of an A. Hollis & Son double rifle, chambered in .450/400 Nitro Express.
- Perform all gunsmithing and repairs
- Rebuild original stock to use as pattern
- Turn new buttstock, 2XX Extra Fancy English walnut, capped pistol-grip, spurred hard rubber butt plate, shadow-line cheek piece, German silver oval
- Turn new splinter forend, 2XX Extra Fancy English walnut, fit to forend iron and barrels, fit latch and tip
- Checker wood with original pattern
- Polish barrels
- Re-cut barrel address, breech borders and standing lug
- Rust blue barrels
- Polish action and parts, while preserving engraving
- Repair screws, fabricate new screws
- Re-cut engraving
- Color case harden receiver, trigger plate, hammers, forend iron and tip
- Charcoal blue trigger guard, triggers, screws, latch and sights
The broken original buttstock must first be re-joined. It then becomes the template from which to turn a new buttstock.
Completed Stock Work
Hand-Rubbed Wood Finish
A. Hollis & Son
.450/400 Nitro Express