Colt Single Action Army
NOTE: this is an example of a previous customer restoration, and therefore the firearm is not for sale. Please browse the showroom for our current selection of restored, pre-owned, refinished and manufactured firearms. SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter to be among the first to learn about new additions to our website.
The Colt Single Action Army “Peacemaker” revolver is a famous piece of Americana. The SAA was designed for the U.S. government service revolver trials of 1872 by Colt’s Patent Firearms Manufacturing Company and was adopted as the standard military service revolver until 1892. This restored example from 1874 is of the “black powder frame” variety, characterized by its cylinder base pin retaining system that used a single screw located at the front of the revolver’s frame. Collectors will note, the nuances of the restoration’s bone charcoal case colors are faithful to its original, early period.
- Adjust bolt and hand to correct timing issues
- Fit new bushing to correct cylinder play
- Re-machine worn cylinder notches and approaches
- Fit new one-piece walnut grips to grip frame, hand-rubbed finish
- Box anneal case colored receiver and parts
- Polish barrel, cylinder and parts to period-correct, high-polish finish
- Restore all markings to original
- Replace screws
- Color case harden frame, gate and hammer
- Charcoal blue cylinder, barrel, trigger guard, backstrap and parts
- Nitre blue base pin, trigger and screws
|Year of Manufacture||