Restored Colt Model 1911 Black Army – SOLD
NOTE: Thank you for your interest in this this listing. It is no longer available, but we're happy to help you find something else to fit your needs. Simply notify us by using the form below, or contact us via phone or email. And don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to be among the first to be notified about new showroom listings.
We are pleased to present for you today a restored example of the iconic Colt Model of 1911 U.S. Army in “Black Army” finish.
Carrying serial number 530678, this World War I era service sidearm was made in 1918, when the famous semi-autos were polished and finished in the so-called “Black Army” style, including charcoal blued slide and frame.
Our period-correct finishing techniques reinstate the WWI heritage of this 1911’s original blackened finish. Colt used this in lieu of the standard polish and Charcoal Blue finish of the period in order to boost wartime production.
- Exchange 1913 replacement hammer for proper vintage hammer
- Fit new barrel bushing to tighten excess gap to front of slide
- Polish frame, slide and parts for proper black army finish
- Restore proper factory markings
- Charcoal blue frame, sidle and parts in proper black army style
- Provide new, reproduction double diamond checkered walnut grips
|Year of Manufacture||
Hand-Checkered Walnut Double Diamond Reproduction