Colt Model 1905
NOTE: this is an example of a previous customer restoration, and therefore the firearm is not for sale. Please browse the showroom for our current selection of restored, pre-owned, refinished and manufactured firearms. SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter to be among the first to learn about new additions to our website.
The Model 1905 was a continuation of the Model 1902 and was the first Colt semi-auto handgun chambered for the new 45 ACP cartridge. There was considerable concern that the 38 ACP lacked the stopping power to be used as a defensive sidearm.
The first year of production for the Model 1905 was a sparse 8 pistols. Most of these pistols were sent to various military testing facilities for possible adoption by the military. Early production Model 1905 pistols manufactured in 1906 were also sent out to testing facilities for further proving. Some estimates put the number of pistols shipped out for testing at between 100 to 200 pistols.
With a total of 6,108 Model 1905 pistols originally produced from 1905 to 1913, the Model 1905 is one of the scarcest “pre-1911” Colt pistols to be found.
- Fabricate and fit new takedown plug and retaining pin
- Polish frame, slide and all parts to period-correct high polish finish
- Restore original markings
- Charcoal blue frame, slide and parts
- Color case harden hammer
- Nitre blue trigger, magazine catch, rear sight, pins, barrel link, screws and takedown plug
- Refinish perimeter of grips and diamonds, re-cut checkering to point
|Year of Manufacture||