Bullard Model 1886
NOTE: this is an example of a previous customer restoration, and therefore the firearm is not for sale. Please browse the showroom for our current selection of restored, pre-owned, refinished and manufactured firearms. SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter to be among the first to learn about new additions to our website.
This example of the fabled 19th-century design of James H. Bullard (a former Smith & Wesson master mechanic) was a pleasure to restore. The famed rack-and-pinion action is silky smooth, and always a marvel to examine at disassembly. This large frame lever action rifle is chambered for the proprietary .40-90 Bullard round.
- New barrel 1/2 round, 1/2 octagon, 28” .40-90 Bullard
- Convert to 1/2 magazine tube
- Rust blue barrel and magazine tube
- Fit #21 German silver front and sporting rear sight
- New butt stock, 4XXXX exhibition walnut, straight grip, fit to crescent butt plate, custom LOP
- New forend, 4XXXX exhibition walnut
- Checker stock and forend with standard Winchester “H” pattern, 24LPI mullered border
- Fabricate and fit new dust cover and screw with serrations on side
- Polish receiver and all other parts for correct finish
- Restore screws
- Restore all original markings
- Color case harden receiver, lever, hammer, forend cap, breech block
- Charcoal blue dust cover, butt plate, screws, sights, small parts
Making New Stocks
Buttstock After Inletting
Bullard Model 1886 After Restoration
There are no reviews yet.