Purdey Hammerless Sidelock
Purdey was established in London in 1814 and remains in business still to this day. The name Purdey in the gun making world is a sign of quality and only the finest in hand craftsmanship. This fully restored Purdey side lock is quite a rare gun with a fully blued receiver. A new butt stock was needed for this gun due to the original stock being shortened in the past. A new English walnut stock blank was selected that would most closely match the original forend. Once the new butt stock was fit, shaped and sanded both stock pieces were finished to match exactly. The checkering on the butt stock is an exact duplicate of the original pattern.
All of the metal on this gun underwent extensive polishing to return it to original condition. Careful attention was paid to all the edges to insure sharp, crisp edges and corners. One of the most difficult areas to polish was the breech fences where the sculpted leaves were cut in full relief.
3X fancy English Walnut