Turnbull Model 1911 WWI Service Branch – PAST PRODUCT – No longer for sale
Turnbull Restoration is proud to announce a limited edition recreation of the iconic, WWI-era Model 1911 service sidearm. These semi-automatic pistols in .45 ACP are polished and finished in the early 1918 style, including charcoal blued slide and frame. Our service branch variants come with your choice of United States Army, Navy or Marines slide marking.
With all Model 1911s built by Turnbull Restoration, customers have been drawn to the marriage of restoration-grade artisanship with new gun production. Such is the case with this expression – it’s a no-nonsense, WWI-style 1911 that demonstrates what can be accomplished when the restoration mindset is applied to the production of a new firearm. This is a great opportunity to add to your collection a period-faithful piece with all the benefits of new production.
Additional Turnbull Model 1911 features include:
- 5 inch barrel
- WWI style 1911 sights with semi-circle notch rear
- Short, wide spur hammer with standard checkering
- Early style grip safety with a knurled undercut thumb piece
- Hand checkered, double diamond American Black Walnut grips
- WWI style ejection port
- Solid one piece steel trigger
- Turnbull “Turning Bull” trademark on left of slide behind serrations
- Doug Turnbull inspector stamp
Includes hard black case and two reproduction two-tone magazines.
"One can hardly handle and shoot this Turnbull M1911 without thinking of the likes of Black Jack Pershing and his ride into Mexico, or Alvin York and the rest of the boys who went 'over the top' in Europe during World War I."
Hand-Checkered Walnut Double Diamond Reproduction