Turnbull Model 1911 Black Army – Built to Order
New for 2021
Turnbull Restoration is proud to announce a limited edition recreation of the legendary Model 1911 Black Army. These semi-automatic pistols in .45 ACP are polished and finished in the late-production, 1918 “Black Army” style, including charcoal blued slide and frame. Our period-correct finishing techniques invoke the World War I heritage of the 1911’s original blackened finish. Colt used this in lieu of the standard polish and Charcoal Blue finish of the period in order to boost wartime production.
With all Model 1911s built by Turnbull Restoration, customers have been drawn to the marriage of restoration-grade artisanship with new gun production. Such is the case with our expression of the Black Army 1911 – it’s a no-nonsense, WWI-style 1911 that demonstrates what can be accomplished when the restoration mindset is applied to the production of a new firearm. Original Black Army 1911s in good condition are very rare, so this is a great opportunity to add to your collection a period-faithful piece with all the benefits of new production.
Additional Turnbull Model 1911 Black Army features include:
- 5 inch barrel
- WWI style 1911 sights with semi-circle notch rear
- Short, wide spur hammer with standard checkering
- Early style grip safety with a knurled undercut thumb piece
- Hand checkered, double diamond American Black Walnut grips
- WWI style ejection port
- Solid one piece steel trigger
- Turnbull “Turning Bull” trademark on left of slide behind serrations
- Doug Turnbull inspector stamp
- All parts are made in the U.S.A.
Includes hard black case and two reproduction two-tone magazines.
Contact us for more information and ordering details.
Hand-Checkered Walnut Double Diamond Reproduction