Turnbull TAR-10 Rifle
As one of the premier builders of quality rifles today, Turnbull Mfg. Co. is pleased to announce their latest project, a carbon steel 308 semi-automatic rifle.
Turnbull Mfg. Co. has recently entered the 7.62x51mm (.308 Winchester) rifle market with the introduction of their TAR-10 308. The basic design of the 308 follows the proven AR10/AR15 system design. The TAR-10 308 shares several operational parts with the AR15, but the majority of its components are scaled up to accommodate the larger .308 Winchester cartridge.
The purpose of the TAR-10 308 is to deliver more power to the target, and at longer range, than is possible with the 5.56mm cartridge. The .308 Winchester has traditionally been the cartridge of choice for most military and police marksmen.
The TAR-10 308 is a gas operated semi-auto that locks with a rotating bolt. It comes supplied with a 10 round and a 4 round detachable magazine.
Unlike most of the competition, the TAR-10 is built of steel and color case hardened using Turnbull’s proprietary finish. The receiver is made from a 8620 billet, with the upper and lower halves attached in the AR style. The upper receiver has a built-in high rise picatinny rail sight platform, eliminating the need for special scope risers. The pistol grip buttstock and forend are American walnut. As is typical of the AR platform, the gun can be configured in a multitude of different styles. Anyone familiar with the AR15 rifle will be right at home with the TAR-10 308.
The TAR-10 308 is a fine weapon for those desiring a quality long range precision rifle. It allows accurate placement of shots and a higher sustained rate of fire than a comparable bolt or lever action rifle.
Prices start at $4,995. For additional information or to place an order, please contact Bob Chipman at 585-657-6338
Features & Specifications
● .308 Win/7.62 NATO
● Overall length is 38.25”
● Barrel length is 16.5”
● Rifling: 1 turn in 10” [25.4cm]; R.H. twist/6 grooves & lands
● 13 lbs without magazine
● 16” fluted 4150 chrome moly-vanadium barrel with screw on muzzle brake
● Carbine gas system for smoother recoil
● Premium American Walnut forend, pistol grip
● Color case hardened steel lower and flat top upper with high picatinny rail
● MOE ™ trigger guard for gloved finger
● Turnbull Mfg. Co. uses DPMS & Bushmaster barrels and other components in this AR
● Ships in lockable hard case, operator’s safety manual and 4 and 10 round magazine
● Photograph shows optional scope