Charles King Percussion Schuetzen Rifle
NOTE: this is an example of a previous customer restoration, and therefore the firearm is not for sale.
Folks know our bread and butter is in restoring American lever action rifles and carbines, side by side shotguns, revolvers and pistols. But every once and while we run across some European rarities. They pose unique challenges, but you take up that challenge when you have good friends and loyal customers in the German Gun Collectors Association.
A nice example is this Germanic-themed percussion rifle marked “Charles King – Ann Arbor, Mich.” This restoration was featured in the Fall, 2018 issue of Waidmannsheil!, the journal of the German Gun Collectors Association.
- Polish, rust blue barrel
- Repair and refinish stock
- Re-cut checkering to original
- Polish all parts for correct finish
- Repair/replace all screws
- Re-cut all engraving to original
- Color case harden standing breech, breech block, lock, hammer, trigger guard, trigger plate, butt plate
- Charcoal blue sights, forend escutcheons, screws, palm rest extension
- Nitre blue triggers, set screw
Restoration Process Photos: