Come along on our big tire pilot’s trip to Texas.
Doug Turnbull is taking to the skies once again. Taking off on the weekend of 9/15, Doug’s aviation adventure will take him from Bloomfield, NY to the Texas STOL Roundup in Hondo, TX and back again. Doug’s headed to the Roundup to take part in the action and to give away an engraved STOL Aircraft Magazine Turnbull Marlin 1895 (photo below). And he’ll visit lots of friends and historic sites along the way. The coolest part is that you can follow his journey on Facebook and through a special GPS tracker website page!
Thanks to Texas STOL Roundup for including us in their 5th annual event, and to all our friends along the way for their hospitality.
Here are all the important links so you can follow Doug:
- Turnbull Restoration Facebook page (give our page a “like” to stay up-to-date)
- Garmin GPS tracker page (track Doug’s flight progress in real time!)
- Piper PA-12 Super Cruiser and Big Tire Pilot community on Facebook
Itinerary (dates are approximate, weather-dependent):
- September 17 – Brian Powley Engravers (Website | Facebook | Twitter)
- September 18 – Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park (Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram)
- September 19 – Danuser Machine Company (Website | Facebook | Instagram)
- September 19 – National Churchill Museum (Website | Facebook | Twitter)
- September 21 – Nighthawk Custom (Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram)
- September 22 – Murray State College School of Gunsmithing Technology (Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram)
- September 23 – Select Avionics (Website | Facebook)
- September 24 – Pierce Aero (Website)
- September 25 – Ullman Precision Products (Website | Facebook)
- September 28 – Texas STOL Roundup (Website | Facebook | Twitter)
Will there be opportunities to meet Doug at his various stops along his route…
Hi Mark, thanks for your comment. The many shows that we attend during the year are typically the best way to meet Doug. Doug’s itinerary in this case will be largely dependent on weather.
I was checking out Doug’s itinerary and see that he has planned on visiting our Gunsmithing Program at Murray State College again on the 22nd. Doug and Sara stayed at my place on their last visit to our school and I was wondering if they needed a ride and place to crash again. I know his progress will be bases on the weather. They are always welcome. They may have other plans as well. Please let me know if or when he is coming and I will make arrangements if desired.
Hi John! Thanks so much for following along and for your kind offer. I’ve let Doug know you’ve reached out. Hoping for good weather and that everything goes as planned! Thanks again for your generous hospitality. ^MN