Come along on our big tire pilot’s trip to Texas.
Doug Turnbull is taking to the skies once again. Taking off on the weekend of 9/15, Doug’s aviation adventure will take him from Bloomfield, NY to the Texas STOL Roundup in Hondo, TX and back again. Doug’s headed to the Roundup to take part in the action and to give away an engraved STOL Aircraft Magazine Turnbull Marlin 1895 (photo below). And he’ll visit lots of friends and historic sites along the way. The coolest part is that you can follow his journey on Facebook and through a special GPS tracker website page!
Thanks to Texas STOL Roundup for including us in their 5th annual event, and to all our friends along the way for their hospitality.
Here are all the important links so you can follow Doug:
- Turnbull Restoration Facebook page (give our page a “like” to stay up-to-date)
- Garmin GPS tracker page (track Doug’s flight progress in real time!)
- Piper PA-12 Super Cruiser and Big Tire Pilot community on Facebook
Itinerary (dates are approximate, weather-dependent):
- September 17 – Brian Powley Engravers (Website | Facebook | Twitter)
- September 18 – Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park (Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram)
- September 19 – Danuser Machine Company (Website | Facebook | Instagram)
- September 19 – National Churchill Museum (Website | Facebook | Twitter)
- September 21 – Nighthawk Custom (Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram)
- September 22 – Murray State College School of Gunsmithing Technology (Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram)
- September 23 – Select Avionics (Website | Facebook)
- September 24 – Pierce Aero (Website)
- September 25 – Ullman Precision Products (Website | Facebook)
- September 28 – Texas STOL Roundup (Website | Facebook | Twitter)